Carolyn Kocman is an Associate Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (ACDBC) through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC), in which she maintains professional membership. She is also certified as a Fear Free Professional (Level 2) and maintains membership in good standing with the Pet Professional Guild. She previously served on the advocacy committee of PPG and has written articles for BARKS from the Guild magazine.
As a companion animal behavior professional who practices in the South Central Pennsylvania area, Carolyn maintains a bachelor’s degree, plus 40 additional graduate credits in animal behavior from American College of Applied Science, where she maintained a 4.0 GPA. When complete, her master’s degree will be in Animal Behavior Analysis and Counseling. While on hiatus from this program, she continues to practice her skills in her business while continuing to learn through workshops and webinars. She maintains basic clicker training skills and has a lifetime of experience with a variety of companion animals. Additionally, Carolyn maintains student membership with the Animal Behavior Society where she has served as a reviewer of research grant proposals. Most recently she has done behavioral work with a local shelter.
She lives in York, PA with her husband of more than 35 years, a psychologist, and two dogs—a terrier mix named Durango and her granddog Jake, a boxador. She has a wonderful son and daughter-in-law, and three beautiful grandchildren, two boys and a girl.
Carolyn is excited to serve your unique animal behavior needs.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
- Pet Professional Guild (PPG), Dog Training Professional
- Animal Behavior Society (ABS), Student Member
- Fear Free professional
Continuing Education and Certificates
- Associate Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (ACDBC) with IAABC
- Certified Fear-Free Professional, FearFreePets.com
- How to Train an MAR Dog with Kat Albrecht
- ACAS Canine Behavior Residency Lab with Robert DeFranco, MS, ABD, BCBA, BCCAB, Instructor
- DogTec Webinar for Trainer with Veronica Boutelle, MA Ed., CTC and Gina Phairas, BSc Comms., CTC
- Canine Behavior and Acoustics with Patricia McConnell, PhD, CAAB
- Canine Health Seminar: Thyroid Disorders with Dr. Jean Dodds
- SIRIUS Dog Trainer Academy with Ian Dunbar, PhD, BVetMed, MRCVS
- How to Train a Puppy with Ian Dunbar, PhD, BVetMed, MRCVS
- Pet Professional Guild: Blogger, Member of Advocacy Committee, Writer for BARKS magazine
- Animal Behavior Society: Reviewer of Grant Proposals
- Furry Friends Network, Robin Scherer, CoFounder: Fostering and Fundraising Events, Behavior consultations
- York County ASPCA: Dog Walker
- Humane League of Lancaster: Dog Walker, Behavior Externship