Carolyn Kocman is an Associate Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (ACDBC) through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC), in which she maintains professional membership. She is also certified as a Fear Free Professional and maintains membership in good standing with the Pet Professional Guild. She served on the advocacy committee of PPG and has written articles for BARKS from the Guild magazine. Additionally, Carolyn maintains student membership with the Animal Behavior Society where she has served as a reviewer of research grant proposals. Most recently she has done behavioral work with a local shelter.
As a companion animal behavior professional who practices in the South Central Pennsylvania area, Carolyn maintains a bachelor’s degree plus 40 additional graduate credits in animal behavior from American College of Applied Science, where she has been attending since 2012 and maintains a 4.0 GPA. When complete, her master’s degree will be in Animal Behavior Analysis and Counseling. As she is currently on hiatus from this program, she continues to practice her skills in her business while working on her thesis and continuing to learn through workshops and webinars. With some externship hours remaining, a lab, and thesis to complete before obtaining her final degree, Carolyn maintains a very busy schedule for the foreseeable future. She maintains basic clicker training skills and has a lifetime of experience with a variety of companion animals.
She currently lives with her husband of 33 years (a psychologist) and two dogs, a terrier mix names Durango and her granddog Jake, a boxador. She has a wonderful son and daughter-in-law, and two beautiful grandchildren: a boy (age 6) and a girl (age 1).
CONTACT CAROLYN AT 717-858-0806
OR EMAIL HER AT CKPETBEHAVIOR@GMAIL.COM.
- International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
- Pet Professional Guild (PPG), Dog Training Professional
- Animal Behavior Society (ABS), Student Member
- Fear Free professional
Continuing Education and Certificates
- Associate Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (ACDBC) with IAABC
- Certified Fear-Free Professional, FearFreePets.com
- How to Train an MAR Dog — with Kat Albrecht
- ACAS Canine Behavior Residency Lab — with Robert DeFranco, MS, ABD, BCBA, BCCAB, Instructor
- DogTec Webinar for Trainer — with Veronica Boutelle, MA Ed., CTC and Gina Phairas, BSc Comms., CTC
- Canine Behavior and Acoustics — with Patricia McConnell, PhD, CAAB
- Canine Health Seminar: Thyroid Disorders with Dr. Jean Dodds
- SIRIUS Dog Trainer Academy — With Ian Dunbar, PhD, BVetMed, MRCVS
- How to Train a Puppy — with Ian Dunbar, PhD, BVetMed, MRCVS
- Pet Professional Guild: Blogger, Member of Advocacy Committee, Writer for BARKS magazine
- Animal Behavior Society: Reviewer of Grant Proposals
- Furry Friends Network, Robin Scherer, CoFounder: Fostering and Fund Raising Events, Behavior consultations
- York County ASPCA: Dog Walker
- Humane League of Lancaster: Dog Walker, Behavior Externship
Please note that advertising on this site is not monitored, nor are any of the products or services endorsed by this company.